Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015

Christmas

Christmas in America was different but also an expierence. That's the time when most of the exchange students get homesick and miss their familys and friends. For me it was kinda true, because we didn't have Lebkuchen (ginger bread cookies) or an Adventskranz (aaahm?!). But luckily I was around my host family most of the time, so it wasn't that bad. I also made my own Adventskranz. It looked pretty bad, but it was nice to have one. My family probably thought I was insane or something haha.


The decorations on the house can't be described, you just gotta see it. It's so amazing when you drive home and see all the lights and colors. Unfortunately I didn't take a lot of pictures. 


 That was our house:

 So many perople in school dressed up (that was mine though):

 Or we made decorations.

Before Christmas we met with our host grandma and some friends and made cookies.It was funny because my chinese host sister has never done it in her life, so she was all excited about it.

 That was our Christmas tree. It looked awesome with all the presents next to it. But, nobody has a real tree, they are all fake. We opened our presents on Christmas Eve and my host dad dressed up as Santa and we had to sit on his knees and tell him if we were good last year.It was sooo funny hahaha.





Since my boyfriend and I couldn't meet on Christmas Eve, he surprised me with a day in a park downtown. We took some pictures and had dinner afterwards.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen